Do you want to send some BNB tokens you have just purchased on KuCoin to MetaMask? It’s simple to do. However, you will need to add the BNB Smart Chain or Binance Smart Chain network on your MetaMask wallet account first, since MetaMask doesn’t support BNB tokens by default. It will make it possible for you to store the BNB tokens on your MetaMask wallet. This guide will give you some tips about how to send BNB from KuCoin to MetaMask.
KuCoin and MetaMask Overview
What is KuCoin? KuCoin is a cryptocurrency exchange platform that allows you to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrencies in various ways. For instance, you can buy crypto assets via fast trade, P2P trade, and third-party payment methods. You can also trade crypto assets using spot trading, margin trading, and trading bot with this platform. It also supports NFT and various derivatives, such as Futures Classic, Futures Brawl, Futures Lite, and leveraged token. With KuCoin, you can earn rewards in various ways, such as by lending and staking your crypto assets.
And what is MetaMask? MetaMask is a cryptocurrency wallet that you can use to store your crypto assets. You can buy crypto assets from various crypto exchange platforms, such as KuCoin, Binance, and Coinbase, and store your crypto assets on MetaMask. You can also buy crypto assets right from the MetaMask wallet itself, and you can send your crypto assets from MetaMask to any crypto exchange services. MetaMask has the Ethereum network as its main blockchain network, and you can add different networks to this wallet if you need to store various crypto assets that are native to other blockchain networks.
Can You Send BNB from KuCoin to MetaMask?
BNB (Binance Coin) is a crypto token that works on the BNB Smart Chain network, which is not available on your MetaMask wallet account by default. Sending BNB from KuCoin to MetaMask is only possible after you have added the BNB Smart Chain network information to your MetaMask wallet. Otherwise, MetaMask cannot store the BNB tokens you are sending from KuCoin, and your transaction might fail. So, to ensure a success in your transaction, you will need to add the BNB Smart Chain network on MetaMask first before transferring your BNB tokens from KuCoin to MetaMask.
Adding the BNB Smart Chain Network on MetaMask
You will need to add the BNB Smart Chain or Binance Smart Chain network on MetaMask to enable the storing of BNB tokens on your MetaMask wallet account. Here are some steps you can follow to add the BNB Smart Chain network to your MetaMask wallet:
- First, log into your MetaMask wallet account with your login information, and then go to the ‘Ethereum Mainnet’ option on your MetaMask wallet.
- Then, click on ‘Add Network’ to access the page where you can add new network information for your MetaMask wallet. You will need to add the Binance Smart Chain network (Mainnet) on this page.
- Enter ‘Smart Chain’ as Network Name. Enter ‘https://bsc-dataseed.binance.org/’ as New RPC URL. Enter ‘56’ as Chain ID. Enter ‘BNB’ as Currency Symbol. Enter ‘https://bscscan.com’ as Block Explorer URL. Now, you will need to choose ‘Save’ to complete the setup.
- Congratulations! You have added the BNB Smart Chain network to your MetaMask wallet, allowing you to store BNB tokens on your MetaMask wallet account. Now, you are ready to receive BNB tokens from KuCoin on your MetaMask wallet.
Sending the BNB Tokens from KuCoin to MetaMask
Sending BNB tokens that you have purchased on KuCoin to your MetaMask wallet will be easy to do, just like when you send any other crypto assets. MetaMask also works like other crypto wallets, so the transfer process would be the same as when you send crypto assets from KuCoin to any other crypto wallets. Here are the steps you can follow to send BNB tokens from KuCoin to MetaMask:
- Go to your MetaMask wallet account and change the network to BNB Smart Chain or Binance Smart Chain Mainnet on MetaMask.
- Then, click on the three dots next to your account name and select ‘Account details’.
- You will see the wallet address for your BNB account on MetaMask. You can scan the QR code of the wallet address later, or you can just copy the wallet address.
- Log into your KuCoin account at the official KuCoin website at https://www.kucoin.com/.
- Navigate to the ‘Assets’ option and select the ‘Withdraw’ option.
- Select ‘BNB’ as the token you would like to withdraw to MetaMask. Copy and paste the wallet address from your BNB MetaMask account, and then select the BNB Smart Chain or Binance Smart Chain network as the wallet network.
- Put the amount of BNB tokens you would like to withdraw to MetaMask and fill out the Remark if you prefer. You will see the fees you need to pay for this transaction.
- Next, you can click on ‘Confirm’ to start the transaction process.
- Congratulations! Now, you have transferred your BNB tokens from KuCoin to your MetaMask wallet account. Check your MetaMask account to find the BNB tokens you have just transferred from KuCoin.
Note: To see your BNB tokens on MetaMask, you will need to switch your network to BNB Smart Chain Mainnet in your MetaMask wallet account.
You have learned about how to send BNB from KuCoin to MetaMask. It involves creating a BNB network on your MetaMask wallet before sending the BNB tokens you have on KuCoin to MetaMask. Be sure to follow this guide to start a successful transfer of your BNB Tokens from KuCoin to MetaMask.